This document describes the official CAS policy as it regards maintenance and management of released CAS server versions.
In particular, the following questions are addressed:
- How long should a CAS release be maintained?
- What is the appropriate scope for release maintenance once a release is retired?
The project release schedule is available here.
- CAS adopters MAY expect a CAS release to be maintained for six months, starting from the original release date.
- Maintenance during this year includes bug fixes, security patches and general upkeep of the release.
- Once the year is passed, maintenance of the release is strictly limited to security patches and fixing vulnerabilities for another six months (i.e. SPM mode).
- The lifespan of a release MAY be extended beyond a single year, to be decided by the CAS PMC and the community at large when and where reasonable.
By “CAS Release”, we mean anything that is a feature release and above. (i.e.
The following CAS releases will transition into a security-patch mode (SPM) only and will be EOLed at the indicated dates.
|Release||SPM Starting Date||Full EOL|
||December 1st, 2019||June 1st, 2020|
||June 29th, 2019||December 29th, 2019|
||June 29th, 2019||June 29th, 2020|
||November 27th, 2018||November 27th, 2019|
||May 30th, 2018||May 30th, 2019|
All previous releases absent in the above table are considered EOLed.