You are viewing the development documentation for the Apereo CAS server. The functionality presented here is not officially released yet. This is a work in progress and will be continually updated as development moves forward. You are most encouraged to test the changes presented.To view the documentation for a specific Apereo CAS server release, please choose an appropriate version. The release schedule is available here.
The CAS service management facility allows CAS server administrators to declare and configure which services (CAS clients) may make use of CAS in which ways. The core component of the service management facility is the service registry that stores one or more registered services containing metadata that drives a number of CAS behaviors:
- Authorized services - Control which services may participate in a CAS SSO session.
- Forced authentication - Provides administrative control for forced authentication.
- Attribute release - Provide user details to services for authorization and personalization.
- Proxy control - Further restrict authorized services by granting/denying proxy authentication capability.
- Theme control - Define alternate CAS themes to be used for particular services.
The following settings and properties are available from the CAS configuration catalog:
Flag that indicates whether to initialise active service registry implementation with a default set of service definitions included with CAS by default in JSON format. The initialization generally tends to find JSON service definitions from
Determine how services are internally managed, queried, cached and reloaded by CAS. Accepted values are the following: